Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

Just Ducky

So I know that in my original post I knocked the duck, but I stand corrected.  Yet another surprise was delivered to the K house this week via the wonderful surprises the butchers have been leaving for me to find.  This week, Duck Breasts.  Yes, siree, a perfectly paired and priced treat just for me and my honey.
I have never cooked duck before and after a little research and some digging through my fridge and cabinets I pulled off a pretty successful meal for two. He said it was the best duck he has ever had!  Yay Me!


Roast Duck Breast with Currant Champagne Reduction  
Served with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and String Beans

Two Duck Breast
Salt and Pepper for Rub
Sauce:
1/4 cup Peach Preserves
1/2 cup Chicken Broth
3tbs. Champagne Vinagarette
2tbs. Clover Honey
2 Cloves Garlic
2tbs. Herbs de Provance
1/4 cup Currants
Salt and pepper to taste

Whisk together all of the ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl and set aside. Score the fat of the duck and rub with Salt and Pepper on both sides.  In a large skillet over med-high heat, fry duck fat-side down for 4 minutes, then flip and cook and additional 3 minutes.  Set aside and cover with tinfoil to continue cooking.  Add sauce to the pan.  In a small dish add 1tbs of cornstarch to 1/4 cup of hot water, stir and add to the sauce in the pan.  Continues whisking until the sauce has thickened about 2 minutes then return the duck breasts to the pan to heat through for an additional minute. Thinly slice duck breast and serve with garlic mashed potatoes and string beans. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment