Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Framed!

     I know that we have all seen many versions of this idea floating around on the internet or in various Do-It-Yourself Magazines that are cluttering the stands these days, but after much ado, I decided to make my own.  I have not one, but two jewelry boxes, that have served more as a wasteland for dust and tarnish than a proper storage device. (I have a tendency to throw my necklaces in a drawer or in the bathroom) I am tired of losing the money and the other earring by not taking care of my jewelry, hence 
  the PICTURE FRAME JEWELRY HANGER!

I found this oak frame for $2.99  at the Goodwill with a beautiful deer print, which I quickly discarded.


Then I found this filigree Lattice pieces at Michaels for 3.99 each (I bought 2, but only used 1) And I painted everything white with Glossy Finish Craft Paint.

 Once everything dried, I cut the lattice to the size I needed and attached it with heavy duty staples. Then I screwed in 2 eye-hole screws to the back corners of the frame and strung picture wire so it would hang like a picture.

                      Then I grabbed all of my treasures and hung them from the lattice and now....


TA-DA!!!  A Wonderful Piece of functional art to display my goodies!  I love a functional Saturday!


1 comment: