Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Make Room for Baby

Well, like my mother said, "This is the time to focus on the baby."  So that's what I am doing.  Yesterday and today I started in on the baby's room again.  (I know it may be a bit early to be working on the nursery, but I actually started a few months ago.  Don't laugh, we are just VERY excited.) So we have had the room set-up pretty much the way we think it will be when baby arrives, with the exception of some last minute details to really pull the room together.  One of those details is the mobile I just finished this morning.


This mobile was featured in one of my earlier posts as a gift for my best friend. (Sorry, Sam) But since we moved and so much time has passed, and because we are having a baby now, I decided to utilize it for the baby room.  I even added a special touch.  The wish card hanging from the base of the mobile is a wish card from the wish tree at our wedding.  My best friend saved it and sent it to me when she found out I was pregnant.  This small detail makes the whole project that much more special.


Here is the whole room as it stands now:


Gary and I built this full size Daybed out of old doors that I got from a resale shop.  The entire project took about $100, much better than the $1,000+ for anything pre-manafactured.


 Here Elvis is modeling the quilt that covers the changing pad on the table.  He looks pretty cozy. Don't get too comfortable there, Mister!


No comments:

Post a Comment